I had the opportunity to travel to Amsterdam earlier this year for a Lenovo event we hosted with some EU colleagues. Before my travels I read an article in Travel Noire. There’s so much more to Amsterdam than weed culture, but there’s no denying that it’s a huge draw. I wanted to dive deeper and reached out to Co-founder Taraq who was happy to have us use his place as our venue.
Water & Brood’s mantra is Good Food, No Bullshit”. It’s a chic restaurant located near many of Amsterdam’s famous museums and attractions where owners and brothers Rachid and Taraq Hok-Ahin serve everything from chicken and waffles and acai bowls to dishes inspired by their Surinamese roots.
Taraq and I cover:
- Going to school with a greater purpose
- How he got into the restaurant business
- The challenges of opening and running a restaurant business
- Logistics considerations in the restaurant business (margins, competition, menu, product, etc..)
- Difference between a coffeeshop which sells weed and cafe
- and more!
The Beginner’s Guide To Outsourcing Your Business: Find, Hire, and Build Your Team Virtually Today! $2.99 Ebook on Amazon. Step-by-step guide every entrepreneur needs to build his or her business with the asset of working with virtual employees. Focusing on business growth, giving you the time to work less in the business and more time working on the business.