Tyler Merrick, founder and CEO of Project 7 started 10yrs ago after learning about social entrepreneurship through a friend. He soon discovered, however, that social entrepreneurship works only when people want to buy the product you’re selling. A
fter restart of the brand and reformulated products, Project 7’s sales now exceed $10 million, and its gums and gummy bears are distributed at Target, Meijer, SuperValu, Starbucks and elsewhere. The company donates a minimum of 10% of its profits to seven areas of focus, including tree-planting, clean water and anti-bullying program.
- Merrick talks about his pet care venture he worked in over 10yrs
- Being a For Profit supporting non-profits
- Why having good product should be the focus vs. the social mission
- The seven areas of need across the globe that Project 7 helps fund
- How he penetrated the gum and candy business
- Failing in business
- How others can create sustainable goods and create a business/products that they can have an impact on social good?
- and much more!
TubeBuddy’s channel management browser plugin helps content creators, brands, and networks save time and grow their brands directly from within YouTube.