A highly successful entrepreneur, Matt DeCoursey launched his first company in a spare bedroom of his Indianapolis home in 2009. Using nothing but an AmEx card with an $8000 limit, he built companies that generated millions of dollars in revenue.
Matt is also the founder and CEO of GigaBook, a cloud based appointment-booking platform, which has the ability to provide utility to millions of small and medium sized businesses. He now lives in Kansas City with his wife and two children.
In this discussion, Matt and I cover:
- What were the steps that led Matt to be an entrepreneur
- His personal story around his book ‘Million Dollar Bedroom: Scrappy Lessons of Success, Setbacks, and Other Surprises Not Taught in Business School‘ Based in a spare bedroom in his home.
- How Matt approached building companies that generated millions of dollars in revenue and huge amounts of profit.
- His “coin toss moment” that he faced and mentioned in the book.
- Work/life balance and why it sucks just trying to have the look on instagram
- and more….