Sterling is an entrepreneur focused on social good and design.
Prior to launching The Starling Project and Sterling McDavid LLC, Sterling worked at the architecture firm Projectiles in Paris. Prior to Projectiles, Sterling was a financial analyst in the Securities Division at Goldman Sachs in New York.
Sterling decided to quit her job in Wall Street to bring solar energy to underprivileged countries around the globe through her newly found business The Starling Project. The Starling Project is a charitable company that sells home candles in order to provide solar energy to under-resourced communities.
The Starling Project donated $100,000 to UNICEF a year ago to provide solar energy to people in Chad, Africa. The Starling Project candles not only bring the positive difference to the world but it also supports the U.S economy by providing more jobs for their company partners and suppliers.
Sterling and I discuss;
- The transition from Wall Street and starting her own business.
- How she started the Starling Project while working full-time.
- About the Starling Project
- Her focus on solar energy
- How she markets her candle business online
- Her partnership with UNICEF
- Can you profitable in a social good business?
- And much more!
Start Something That Matters (book) by Blake Mycoskie (affiliate link)